Away from the hustle and bustle of Cape Town and yet only 15 minutes by car from the center, our 4-star da Heim Apartments are located directly on the beach at Table Bay. Just 1 minute walk away, the wide beaches and the fantastic view of Table Mountain await you. You can also relax in our gardens or swim a few laps in our solar-heated 25 meter pool.
Sunset Beach is the safest area in the entire Western Cape, so you can roam freely even without a car. All apartments are additionally alarm-secured.
A small shopping center can be reached on foot in 10 minutes, restaurants and cafés in 10 minutes by car.
Solar Energy and Safety in Case of Power Failure
We have four solar systems that supply our guest house with hot water and electricity:
- Solar thermal system: 7 solar cells heat the water, which is stored in 2 * 500 l water tanks.
- Photovoltaics: 39 solar cells generate 10 kW of electricity during the day for daily needs.
- Photovoltaic with battery setup: 18 additional solar cells generate 7 kW and charge two batteries during the day, which ensure the electricity requirement in the event of a power failure and at night. This means that we are almost independent of the state power supply.
- WiFi, refrigerators, garage doors and sockets also work with the so-called “loadshedding”, which unfortunately often occurs in South Africa. (Please click here to read more about load shedding)
- A 10 kW heat pump, which is operated with solar power, brings the 25 m long salt water pool up to 27 degrees.
We have our own well and water treatment plant that provides drinking quality groundwater throughout the guest house.
We separate our waste into plastic, paper and other waste. We also collect glass bottles. The garbage is picked up by special disposal companies, plastic and paper are recycled.
If you book an apartment with us, you make a significant contribution to protecting the climate and the environment! They leave a “green footprint” on the earth
- Seals, dolphins, penguins and whales right on the beach
- Wineries can be reached in 20 minutes by car
- Best conditions for all athletes right in front of the door
- Large garage for storing equipment for kitesurfers, windsurfers, golfers and surfers
- Windsurfers rig up on the property and walk to the spot
- The Milnerton Golf Course (18 holes) makes every golfer’s heart beat faster and is only a 15-minute walk away
- The running and cycling training starts right at the da Heim guest house
- Wellness options available around the Cape
Breakfast, airport transfer and rental car can be booked optionally – we will be happy to take care of that for you.
Special feature: The water supply in the home is secured at all times and independently by an in-house well with a solar-powered pump system. You can find out more about this here: Environmental Protection at da Heim or simply send us an inquiry using our contact form .